10 Things I Know To Be True

I found this TED video of Sarah Kay and fell in love. I think most of all it speaks to a part of me that knows that each of us have something to contribute, that each of us has genius. Part of that genius is tapping into that part of us that is unique, that is uniquely genius not being someone or something that we are not.

I am beginning to see this quite clearly, through personal experience and pain. Me trying to be someone else when I know clearly who I am is not working. Maybe being who I am is hard, but trying to be someone else is currently proving to be much harder.

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”― Albert Einstein

I think we can all resonate with this on some level. I remember the first time I learned this I was in 7th grade trying so desperately to be popular and the more I tried the harder it was. My dad sensed what was going on and he told me "No matter how hard you try you can't make everyone happy. You have to make yourself happy first." That lesson changed my life, it is a lesson I relay repeatedly and it is something that I have to remember time and time again. Because, time and time again, I am faced with that same lesson. I can't make everyone happy. I can only do my best, search myself for the right course of action, and act in a way that makes me proud.

So I was inspired by this video and would love to hear what other people know. I have quickly compiled my list and would like to share my list and see your lists, if possible. In this way, we can grow and expand and possibly learn from one another. I do believe we have genius within all of us if only we explore who we are and the unique selves and gifts that we bring to the world.



The 10 Things I Know To Be True:
1. People, not things, matter most.
2. I learned this one being a teacher's assistant for a Kindergarten class: it's ok to say your sorry because even though you didn't mean to hurt someone sometimes you do hurt them and it's ok to say you are sorry.
3. Life is full of miracles. If you expect to see miracles they will appear.
4. Go with your gut. You know well enough, by now, if you don't that you will regret that you didn't.
5. Have faith in people because we are all trying our best to get by.
6. Forgive for yourself because being bitter and angry only hurts you. Don't allow another person to take any more of your energy than they deserve.
7. People come into your life for a reason even if it is to teach you a lesson through hardship. Pay attention to those lessons and learn so that you don't have to learn them again.
8. Life is full of learning. Learn the lessons because the same lesson will be put in front of your face, time and time again, until you learn it. Often the lesson gets more insistent and painful the more that you ignore it so that you learn from it.
9. Love. Even if it's hard, especially if it's hard.
10. You have an infinite support system, they are called spirit guides. They are always there to talk to you and you can talk to them anytime. I have always known that life is hard and it is easy to feel all alone and I knew that there was more support out there. There is an abundant amount of support, in the form of spirit guides, waiting anxiously for us to ask for help. Ask for help you might be surprised at the answer(s) you may find.

I would love to know what you know. Much of my list comes from my experience as a Psychic Medium who has seen a lot of lives, who sees the same patterns and/or lessons through the canvas of other people's lives (both living and dead). Perhaps the most profound of my experiences comes from talking to people who have crossed over. From them I have learned the importance of people and relationships. This is one of the only legacies that lives on from lifetime to lifetime. We don't take our savings, our cars, our houses with us, but we do take the way that we treat and are treated by people. Be nice to one another;).

0 comments:

Post a Comment