Animal Communication: Talking to Birds

Hello Spring! I am so glad you are finally here!

One of my favorite things about spring is the return of the birds. I have recently started running and hiking as opposed to working out in a gym due to the richness of being in nature and talking to the animals and the plants.

My favorite jogging companions are the birds because they talk to me non-stop. They are the most communicative of all the animals that I encounter on my path (and that includes prairies dogs, dogs and rabbits). I think that it is no coincidence that they talk so much and the fact that they are referred to as “messengers” by Sonia Choquette and carrier pigeons actually did carry letters/messages for humans in ancient civilizations.

I wonder what makes birds to akin to humans. I also wonder if we have always had a strong connection with our feathered friends? I suspect that we have had a strong connection with birds and that is why they constantly try to talk to us.

Most birds do try to talk to me (when I am tapped in). It doesn’t matter if the bird is alone or in a school/group they always want to talk. What is most fascinating, though, is the fact that the birds can and do tap into what is on my mind and they give me guidance about whatever is on my mind. I don’t have to ask the question; they just seem to know my question and answer it. And it doesn’t matter what bird or birds I talk to on any given day; they all tell me the same message (in almost the exact same words).

This ability to tap into me must be what makes birds so good at predicting the weather and so able to flawlessly travel in schools. It also must be what makes birds such wonderful companions.

I don’t want to take a bird home and cage it up but I do always want birds to be on my path so that they may lead me on my way. Thank you birds for being such wonderful messengers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment