Edgar Cayce's Adventures in Dreamland 1

I am loving how so many pieces of my life are finally fitting together. Thank you so much universe! I know that if we listen our lives take on a new rhythm and beat that is more beautiful that we could have ever imagined.

Last September I had heard, from spirit, that something amazing was about to happen to me and then I heard dreams.

A month or two after that Edgar Cayce appeared to me and said that he had a dreamworks class that he wanted me to channel and to teach. He continued to say that the spiritual manner in which I had been handling a number of the recent challenges in my life were being rewarded; one of the ways that I was being rewarded was by being gifted this class. (Incidentally, Edgar Cayce writes about who people are gifted with psychic knowledge for their spirituality. Thank you, spirit(s)/world/source/Edgar Cayce for the tremendous gift!)

I was amazed and overwhelmed with this gift, to say the least. I had trouble getting started with this project because part of me didn’t know how to get started and I must admit I felt unworthy.

I had channeled the basic structure of the class, but I knew that I needed to read up on what I was supposed to teach. I had a couple of his books and a few others that I wanted to buy. I was just having trouble picking up the books and actually reading them. I guess that I get distracted by too many things.

Yesterday, I just knew that I needed to take that book to the coffee shop and hunker down and get it done. What a delightful day I had: good atmosphere, great coffee, leisure, an incredible book and I felt as though I stepped through the doorway into another world without limits (just like Alice in Wonderland).

Edgar Cayce’s book on Dreams was that gateway into my heaven. It helped me to see the limitless resources in using our dreams to answer life’s queries, get hints on how to improve our lives on all levels and see into the future.

I was so anxious to start this journey that I have read a good portion of the book and have begun my journey with dreams. I set out ready for my adventure with notebook and pencil near my bed and the intent that I would remember my dreams.

When I awoke I promptly wrote down my dream with as much detail as possible. Then I did as instructed and continue to think about my dream. I must admit that there is a level of depth to my dream, almost like a movie, that I have to think about and analyze, from an analytical and intuitive level, that I had never seen before. Out of one dream I got several lessons and I think that there is more in there; I just am not perceptive enough, yet, to truly “get” it.

When I returned home I also remembered that in the middle of the night I jotted down something. I don’t really understand what the meaning of “woman/stairs” and a reference to one of my divination cards (in ineligible writing) is. However, maybe it will become more clear to me if I think about it. [NOTE: I did, later, research the "Mana Card" by Kalama Becker and Doya Nardin and it was "Hina" (I wrote down "Hine") and it's name meant "Moon Goddess"/nurturing. In her meaning something that stuck out as important is her connection to healing and that "she can be a reminder that in order for something to grow, it needs to be nurtured." The card and the steps/stairs told me that I was taking steps to heal through my dream work which was exactly my intent. Thank you dream work for providing the means for me to heal! Thank you Edgar Cayce!]



Since this post I have been collecting my dreams, daily and have come up with the following conclusions about dreams. This list is not comprehensive as I have learned much more and will continue to learn more as I study my dreams.

Thought One: Edgar Cayce talks about other dreams and other elements to dreams. Other than being guides to how to improve life there are dreams and dream part that are prophetic. I have had several prophetic dreams. One that is particularly memorable was from nearly 20 years ago. I was taking a nap during the day and dreamed that our neighbors were robbed and that the robbers were in a van. I got up and started talking to the neighbor. He said that a van slowed down nearly to a stop and acted like they were checking out their house. A few days later that house was robbed.

Thought Two: I realized that my dreams were trying to tell me about patterns in my life that I was not conscious about. If I didn't want to hear the lesson, if it was hard to hear then I, actually, would have trouble sleeping because I didn't want to hear the lesson being place in front of me. I am finding that dreams are the gateway to your unconscious mind and I am seeing a lot patterns in my life that I might not have been able to see so clearly if I were not paying attention to my dreams. I am hoping that being aware of such patterns will help me, eventually, to work through and break through these patterns.

Thought Three: I had dreams, two nights in a row, that spoke about the exact same subject. Harmon Bro talks about this in his book, Edgar Cayce on dreams. I have noticed that I will have the same message repeated (for me it is three times in a row). If I am unclear about the meaning of a dream I usually wait it out and see if it keeps repeating. Through experience I have learned to wait for repeated dreams. If the dreams repeat themselves (not exactly the content but definitely the meaning) I am more confident of the message that the dream is trying to tell me.

Thought Four: I had an “advice” dream that I am really appreciating. I got three, very important tips for my classes. Thank you so much for the notes of encouragement. My dreams are my teachers. Yay! I love to teach, but I must admit that when you teach you are just as much the student. I learn every time I teach.

Thought Five: I noticed that I need some time to process some of the dreams as their meaning is not straight-forward. And, just like much of life, their meaning is multi-layered in that there may be significant messages on several levels, symbology that must be analyzed for meaning and things that I just have to digest a bit to understand.

Thought Six: I have been setting forth the intention that I will remember my dreams. For the most part I am remembering my dreams. I definitely could do a better job with the recall. I don’t know how, yet to do this without disrupting my already disrupted sleep (I tend to fight bouts of chronic insomnia). Sometimes I get up and write down the dreams in the middle of the night but then going back to sleep is somewhat of a challenge.

Sometimes I have trouble with the immediate recall of my dreams, however, if I focus on trying to remember my dreams I will eventually remember the dream piece by piece. I just have to peck at it piece by piece. For instance, last night I remembered that there was a pig and an elephant in my dream. Then I remembered my interaction with these animals, then I remembered where I was and what I was doing before I encountered the animals. Then I remembered what happened after I encountered the animals and the pieces of the dream fell into place just like the pieces of a Tetris game.

I am still continuing to record my dreams and have learned so much about myself and life. I continue to learn and hope some day to share this knowledge with you. Thanks for listening. Oh,...and happy dreaming!

0 comments:

Post a Comment