Meditation Tips

"Stop looking for something out there and begin looking within." ~Rumi

Meditation is not hard. It is just a matter of discipline. It takes the discipline to actually meditate. I recommend setting small, achievable goals at first. For instance, make it a goal to meditate 10 minutes a day and then schedule this time into your day. It also takes the discipline to clear your mind of any thoughts which can be difficult because the mind tends to wonder. I have listed a few hints that have helped me to clear my mind of the clutter in order to grasp the sweet treats of meditation.

1. Stare at the flame of a candle.

2. Say “om mani padme” over and over again.

3. Draw two dots (about one inch apart) on a piece of paper. Bring your focus to the two dots. Try, as hard as you can to focus on the two dots simultaneously while meditating.

4. Concentrate on your breathing; count to three on your inhale and three on your exhale.

5. Use the meditation YouTube videos available online. I use several, interchangeably just to mix it up. You can find a large selection by going to YouTube and using key words like “meditation,” “mandalas,” etc. These are great because they have mandalas and trance-inducing videos along with relaxing music which really accelerate your level of relaxation.

6. I picture Buddha and I focus on how relaxed he/she is and then I “model” the level of relaxation. In other words I focus on how relaxed Buddha is and I try to bring my consciousness to that same level of relaxation.





7. Walking a labrynth gets you into a meditative state. Usually I like to start the walking the labrynth with a question in my head and upon completion I usually gain some sort of insight regarding the problem/issue/question.


"Silence makes wisdom" ~ Ryuho Okawa

Click here to view channeled meditations by Rhonda O’Brien.

Copyright © 2010 Rhonda O'Brien. All Rights Reserved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment