Eat Clean Protein Bars

The holidays are a time of watching my money and my waistline. No matter how much I try I always spend too much and eat too much leaving me with a “over-indulgence” hangover for much of January and February. I found this great, low cost, “clean” recipe for those watching their waist and bottom lines. Enjoy!

Eat Clean Protein Bars
2 cups instant oatmeal
1 cup almond butter (any nut butter would work)
4 scoops whey protein (natural/unflavored)
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
1 cup water
1-2 teaspoons of agave nectar and/or 1-2 small scoops of powdered stevia
*Optional: add dried fruit, chopped nuts, chocolate chips and/or a layer of nut butter to dress it up to your liking.

Mix and knead all of the ingredients. Place in a wax paper lined 8 x 8 pan and place in the freezer for 30 min. Cut and serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment