Thinking Your Way to Abundance

I have been trying to save money lately (aren’t we all?) and I was noticing that I wanted a few items in my home: a bookshelf, some curtains and a holiday wreath. I was thinking about how I was going to purchase these items as I am trying not to spend any money at all.

What I came up with was: I had a bookshelf on my porch that I could paint with paint that I already had, I have some curtains that I could sew together that would make a great shabby chic pair of curtains that would go with the whole floral theme of my bedroom and I made my own holiday wreath. Please see instructions on how to make the wreath (since I used some ribbon and a strand of cranberries that I already had it only cost $13 to make).

This brought up the thought that we have abundance around us all of the time sometimes we to look for it in order to find it. Whenever I think that I need more money I think of a story that my friend told me about how she asked had the universe for more money and then in the middle of the night she remembered that her pay washing machine and dryer probably had quarters from the renters who used it to do their laundry. When she checked it in the morning she found $15 that she had but she didn’t know she had.

My friend was telling me that she needed more money and I told her this story and told her to check her coat pockets. She did and she found $11.

Although $15 or $11 doesn’t really increase our bottom line these stories remind me that I do have abundance I just have to see my abundance. A lot of times I just have to appreciate the abundance that already abounds in my life just like I had to see that I already had what I needed. In this case I already had a perfectly beautiful, green bookshelf, hand-crafted curtains and a $13 modern, funky wreath (that people are already commenting on, by the way).

Looks to me like I had a very successful, inexpensive "shopping" venture and came out with some great finds and had a great time discovering, re-inventing and inventing them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment